[pdftex] Patch for better performance of map file reading

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Fri Feb 14 11:08:57 CET 2003

> On 2002-08-03 22:25:04 +0200, Fabrice Popineau wrote:
>> Hash tables are implemented in kpathsea, hash.c and hash.h files ...

> These are of static size (or at least have a maximum size), right?

Hashing is implemented by chaining, so you don't have any limit, just
that performance will drop if they aren't large enough. I don't see why
kpathsea tables shouldn't be used there. Moreover, if you consider some
kpathsea 'server' scheme (or shared memory as I do), then you can save
the time of building those hash tables.

Fabrice