[pdftex] Re: \pdfinfo and inputenc.sty

Frédéric Darboux Frederic.Darboux at orleans.inra.fr
Thu Aug 28 19:42:33 CEST 2003

[...]
> In short: you need a font with é included, and the OT1 doesn't have
> that. What you see is the box representation of an e with accent19 over it.
>
> Solutions: Switch font encoding with for instance
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}. As you're French I would strongly advice this
> (hyphenation issues)!

In fact, when I write in French, I do something like that (using the
package aeguill.sty).

But for the current matter, I can get the "é" in the pdfinfo section
without loading fontenc.
To achieve that, pdfinfo just needs to be specified /before/ inputenc.

I have just compared the log files between 1) loading inputenc and then
specifying pdfinfo and 2) specifying pdfinfo without loading inputenc.
The lines starting with "LaTeX Font Info:" are strictly identical.

Frédéric

INRA Orléans - Science du Sol
Avenue de la Pomme de Pin
BP 20619