[pdftex] colors in pdftex

Verwalter Dr.Betz kla at fh-landshut.de
Sun Apr 20 11:59:09 CEST 2003

I am trying to build a poster using PDFTEX (TeXLive7).

For this I am using vectorgraphics built with xfig and exported to pdf.
These are black pen on white background.

When I include them in PDFLATEX within a minipage and set the color to red
(\color{red} ...), the graphics (\includegraphics{}) are red too.

Why is this? It is different to LATEX/DVIPS (xfig -> .eps ->
\includegraphics). For posters, it is a useful feature, because I do not
need to adapt colors before including the graphics.

Unluckily i cannot use the poster program (../supported/poster.zip)
without converting the final PDF to EPS. And this wouldn't work using
pdf2ps and ps2epsi from TeXLive.

So how can I trick LATEX to include the graphics in the way that PDFLATEX
does? Or is there even a poster program, that would work with PDF instead
of EPS?

Thanks for any help,

H.Betz