[pdftex] Clipping graphics

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Fri Sep 13 19:17:15 CEST 2002

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 10:53:41AM -0500, Edward Thome wrote:

> However, if you use pdflatex, you can include only a portion of the
> graphic.

Please quote correctly (no full quote at the end). I do not
understand, what you mean with "however" and therefore not
the sense of the sentence.

> \input graphix.sty

You are using plain format with miniltx?

> \includegraphics[bb= 1in 1in 3in 4in,scale=1.25]{nameofpicture.pdf}

Option "bb" does not make sense, options "viewport" or "trim"
are supported. The can be combined with "clip". See "grfguide"
for explanation of graphicx options.

> I don't know if a similar graphics command is possible for pdftex or
> not?

You can use "graphicx" with both LaTeX formats and
plain formats by the help of miniltx.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>