[pdftex] Setting up envelopes

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Oct 25 14:10:43 CEST 2002

I am trying to set up printing for #10 envelopes (4.125 x 9.5in)
The return address falls too far down the page and too far to the right.
I have diddled with such parameters as \pdfvorigin, \voffset etc. to
no good effect.

Here is my current file:
---------------------
\pdfoutput 1
\pdfpagewidth 9.5in
\pdfpageheight 4.125in
%\pdfhorigin 0in
%\pdfvorigin -.250in
%\vsize 4in
%\hsize 9.0in
\footline={}
\parindent 0pt
John Culleton\hfil\break
2401 Haight Avenue\hfil\break
Eldersburg MD 21784\hfil\break
\vskip .51in
%\leftskip 3in
Editor, Baltimore Sun\hfil\break
P.O. Box 1377\hfil\break
Baltimore, MD 21278-0001\hfil\break
\vfil\eject
\bye
-------------------
You can see the footprints of failed attempts. I even tried negative
glue which moved the image up but it truncated in the middle of the
page.

The printer is a Ricoh AP 2000 set up for com10 envelope feed. The
OS is Linux Slackware. The print set up is Lpr-ng. The version of
pdfetex is
Version 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.7x).

Any suggestions?

--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters, Rowse Reviews, Culleton Editorial