[pdftex] url.sty and font selection

Matthew Hobbs mhobbs_of_lawson at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 21 16:38:31 CEST 2002

Hi,

I have a tex document derived from DocBook XML with openjade/DSSSL and
convert this to pdf with pdftex and the pdfjadetex format.  I am using the
url package to allow linebreaks within long filenames .  To do this I have a
jadetex.cfg file with this in it:

\newcommand\filename{\begingroup \urlstyle{same}\Url}

and things like this in my tex file:

\filename{/usr/local/share/doc/bioinformac/html/index.html}

Long filenames marked up like this are broken up very nicely when they occur
at the end of lines .  My problem is that I can't figure out how to apply a
particular  font (I want a monospaced font like Courier-New) to the filename
rather than the current text font.  I understand from the documentation
within url.sty that I should define a urlstyle and use it rather than the
predefined style "same" but I don't know enough about tex to figure out how
to do this.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Matthew

--