[pdftex] AcroTeX eDucation Bundle

story at uakron.edu story at uakron.edu
Wed Oct 9 21:42:35 CEST 2002

Forgot to mention:

AcroTeX Bundle can be obtained from

http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/webeq.html

On 9 Oct 2002 at 15:49, D. P. Story wrote:

> I've just uploaded a new version of the "AcroTeX eDucation Bundle".
>
> New features:
> Web Package: I've used eso-pic and everyshi to add the ability to
> create background colors, overlays, and (navigational) panels.
> Seems to work correctly for dvipsone, dvips and pdftex drivers.
>
> indDLJS Package: This is the package that inserts document javascript
> into the pdf doc.  I've created two new environments: execJS and
> defineJS .
>
> With the execJS environment, you can write what I call executable and
> discardable JavaScript.  This is a post-creation document addendum
> (as I call it) technique. The demo file for this
> is the file execjstst.pdf. It features an animation created entirely
> from LaTeX source code (the GUI of Acrobat is not used). Now for the
> bad news, the execJS requires Acrobat 5.0 or higher (the full
> application not the Reader).  This is needed only for document
> addendum by the document author. After the discardable JavaScript
> executes, and the document is saved, the document can be viewed by
> Reader.  Note: Distiller is not needed, so you can create your
> document using pdftex, but you need Acrobat to perform the magic
> after creation.
>
> The other environment, defineJS, allows you to write field-level
> JavaScript code conveniently.
>
> Now, I must get back to work.
>
> Regards,
>
> dps

Dr. D. P. Story
The University of Akron
Akron, OH  44325

tele: (330) 972-7514
e-mail: dpstory at uakron.edu
Home Page: http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/

Home of ...

e-Calculus: A Calculus I Tutorial on the WeB.
Written in TeX and converted to the PDF format.
See it at http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/e-calculus.html

and of ...

An Algebra Review in 10 Lessons
TeX to PDF