[pdftex] AcroTeX eDucation Bundle

D. P. Story story at uakron.edu
Wed Oct 9 16:49:38 CEST 2002

I've just uploaded a new version of the "AcroTeX eDucation Bundle".

New features:
Web Package: I've used eso-pic and everyshi to add the ability to
create background colors, overlays, and (navigational) panels.
Seems to work correctly for dvipsone, dvips and pdftex drivers.

indDLJS Package: This is the package that inserts document javascript
into the pdf doc.  I've created two new environments: execJS and
defineJS .

With the execJS environment, you can write what I call executable and
discardable JavaScript.  This is a post-creation document addendum
(as I call it) technique. The demo file for this
is the file execjstst.pdf. It features an animation created entirely
from LaTeX source code (the GUI of Acrobat is not used). Now for the
bad news, the execJS requires Acrobat 5.0 or higher (the full
application not the Reader).  This is needed only for document
addendum by the document author. After the discardable JavaScript
executes, and the document is saved, the document can be viewed by
Reader.  Note: Distiller is not needed, so you can create your
document using pdftex, but you need Acrobat to perform the magic
after creation.

The other environment, defineJS, allows you to write field-level
JavaScript code conveniently.

Now, I must get back to work.

Regards,

dps