[pdftex] pdfcrypt

Thierry Bouche thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Wed Oct 2 10:37:58 CEST 2002

  Hi,

  I'm testing pdf crypt together with pdfpages: I'm making a PDF with
  pdflatex and a special class that loads hyperref, pdfpages and
  pdfcrypt.sty.

  I'm using

pdfeTeX (Web2c 7.3.7x) 3.14159-1.00b-pretest-20020211-2.1
kpathsea version 3.3.7
Copyright (C) 1999 The NTS Team (eTeX)/Han The Thanh, Petr Sojka, and Jiri Zlatuska (pdfTeX).
Kpathsea is copyright (C) 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the pdfeTeX copyright and
the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the files
named COPYING and the pdfeTeX source.
Primary author of pdfeTeX: The NTS Team (eTeX)/Han The Thanh, Petr Sojka, and Jiri Zlatuska (pdfTeX).
Kpathsea written by Karl Berry and others.

(Fabrice's win32 version)

% File:      pdfcrypt.sty
% Version:   2001/08/09 v0.6

{pdfpages}[2002/10/01 v0.2k Insert pages of external PDF documents (AM)]

  Having pdfcrypt in the class file, I need to put the set option in
  order to have encryption (I thought it was early enough, but doesn't
  seem to be). Then my file makes a vector page, and includes with
  pdfpage all the pages from a bitmap PDF (which has hidden text
  objects). The resulting PDF has some unexpected garbage somewhere that
  prevent it from showing the first bitmap page (all other pages are
  correctly shown). Without encryption, everything goes fine. Did anyone
  experiment something similar, or could give me any hint how to solve
  this problem?

Thanks,
 Thierry