[pdftex] naive question regarding concatenating pdfs

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de
Thu Nov 21 23:22:00 CET 2002

    >>  >[...]
    >>
    >> > This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-13d-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.1) Sorry,
    >> I > can't find the format `cont-en.efmt'; will try
    >> `context.efmt'.  > I can't find the format file `context.efmt'!
    >>
    >> Probably you have to run "texconfig formats" and uncomment the
    >> corresponding lines.

    > Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, when I run texconfig
    > formats, it screws up my terminal settings and appears to have
    > no other effect. I have to run the 'reset' command to restore my
    > terminal to usability.

    > This is using the tetex rpms from Mandrake. I tried installing
    > from source - make worked fine, but make install died partway
    > through, and also screwed up my terminal settings in the same
    > way that texconfig does.

To avoid the problems with your terminal, you can try without
texconfig.

Run

     emacs `kpsewhich --format=cnf fmtutil.cnf`

and edit the file. Then call

     fmtutil --missing

This should create the missing format files.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			             Phone: +49-511-27060390
Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover	              mailto:reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de