[pdftex] Problems with pdftex.map

Thierry Bouche thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Fri May 17 14:11:53 CEST 2002

Hi thanh, nice to read you again!

Le vendredi 17 mai 2002 à 05:33:16, The Han écrivit :

TTH> probably Mark had in mind changing the font matrix by altering the
TTH> /FontMatrix key in the font resource dict of a pdf file (not to be confused
TTH> with the FontMatrix inside a Type1 font file). If I remember correctly, then
TTH> the true is what Mark has already said: it seems impossible, AR always
TTH> takes the canonical values regardless to the ones specified by
TTH> /FontMatrix.

I don't know much about this font resource dict, is it global?

Using the object structure of PDF, isn't it possible to define many
fonts that share a same "glyph container" object as ultimate resource,
but with different headers, where FontMatrix would be different? As you
do for multiple subsets of a single font when present in various
included PDFs?

 Thierry Bouche