[pdftex] Latest version

Ben Crowell crowell02 at lightandmatter.com
Sun May 12 08:52:38 CEST 2002

>> Where can I find the latest stable versions of pdftex and pdfetext for
>> a Linux system?  I have searched CTAN and tug.org but they seem to
> have nothing newer than July 2001.

>you've already had two answers to this question on c.t.t -- why do you
>need yet another?

I can think of at least two good reasons why he would post here after
getting the answer:

1. People are likely to search the pdftex archives for stuff like this in
the future. It's valuable to get the question and answer in here.

2. Different people may read the two lists, and he may be hoping that
posting here will help to get the situation fixed.

I just ran into the same problem myself. This guy is not alone.
Is there some issue I don't understand that's preventing CTAN
and TUG from linking to more recent versions of pdftex, ones that
actually work? It seems like a classic case where fifty keystrokes
by the maintainers of the web sites could save many people many
hours of frustration.