[pdftex] Problems with pdftex.map

Thomas Esser te at informatik.uni-hannover.de
Sat May 11 21:20:06 CEST 2002

> TE> Well, someone might read this as "dvips has the same bug". Is this really
> TE> what you want to say?
>
> I was just saying that the .map examples I posted were using pdftex
> syntax only.

Ah, yes. This is still true. dvips does need the fontname entries. teTeX
users can use the updmap script which generates map files for several
applications (dvips, xdvi, gsftopk, ps2pk, pdftex). The script takes
care of the different characteristics of the applications.

The version contained in the next teTeX-beta will fix this pdftex
problem. Entries with Slant or Extend will no longer have the fontname.

> TE> dvips was just recently fixed for including one
> TE> font with several encodings. Is there still something broken?
>
> Can't comment on this.

Ok, so I assume that there is no problem with dvips.

Thomas