[pdftex] hdvipdfm.def in hyperref 6.72e

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Mar 8 18:45:27 CET 2002

Hello Akira,

thanks for the bug report.

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Akira Kakuto wrote:

> > Sorry for asking on dvipdfm in the pdftex list.
> > I'm using hyperref 6.72e.
> > If I write
> > pdfstartview={FitBH -32768}, dvi becomes
> > /View /FitBH -32768
> > and dvipdfm fails with the message:
> > PDF Name expected...
> > I think the above should be
> > /View << /FitBH -32768 >>
> >
> > How can I realize pdfstartview={FitBH -32768} by
> > using hyperref?

The value "-32768" can be calculated, see
the description of \hypercalcbp in hyperref.dtx.

> I tried by changing the line 7951 of hyperref.dtx as
> /View \@pdfstartview\space ----->
> /OpenAction [0 \@pdfstartview]
>
> It seems to work. Is this a right way?

The pdf specification says, that the "page" part
has to be an indirect reference to a page with
the exception of GoToR actions, because here
the object number is in a different file.
  But dvipdfm allows "@page<number>", so I have
fixed hyperref: 2002/03/08 v6.72f
  http://www.tug.org/applications/hyperref/hyperref.zip

Yours sincerely