[pdftex] textcolor, lineno and pdfTeX

Guenter Resch guenterresch at utanet.at
Wed Jun 12 23:30:11 CEST 2002

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a draft document (LaTeX -> PDF) that included both line
numbering with the lineno package and color highlighted text (color
package). This is an example for the document source:

\documentclass{report}

\usepackage{color}
\usepackage{lineno}

\begin{document}

\linenumbers

Document draft text. \emph{Document draft text. \textcolor{blue}
{Document draft text. Document draft text. Document draft text. Document
draft text. Document draft text. Document draft text. Document draft
text.} Document draft text.} Document draft text.

\end{document}

If I process this document with latex, dvips and ps2pdf everything is -
more or less - fine but whenever I generate the pdf directly using
pdflatex (I've tried both 0.13d and 0.14h), only the text up to the
first linebreak is in color. By removing the line numbering, one can
reverse the effect but as a matter of fact ... I do need both.

Any hints what I'm doing wrong or what's going wrong with pdfLaTeX?

TIA,

	Guenter

--
Guenter Resch - Salzburg, Austria, European Union
Mail: GuenterResch at utanet.at - ICQ: Account on request