[pdftex] Upsidedown Output

J.S. Plant j.s.plant at isc.keele.ac.uk
Wed Jun 12 15:06:05 CEST 2002

This seems to be primarily a problem with dvips which sometimes
carries through ps2pdf. We have landscape tables appearing upsidedown
when viewed with ghostview (and then sometimes also in Acrobat).

We are using:  \documentclass[a4paper,11pt,landscape]{article}
         and:  \special{papersize=294mm,205mm}
          or:  dvips -t landscape -o file.ps file

We are finding the problem trying both:
               TeTeX Vn0.4 on Solaris 8 with AFPL-ghostscript 7.04
         and:  TeTeX 1.087 on Linux with Gnu ghostscript-6.51

The .ps output is consistently upsidedown with ghostview and then
upsidedown on some systems (but not others) after using ps2pdf and
Acrobat.

Tests using the lscape package have not helped.

Is there a fix (apart from changing the orientation manually at the
stage of viewing it with ghostview or Acrobat)?

Thanks for any help.

John
--
.