[pdftex] Embedding and CMYK

h+i na199 at worldonline.de
Sat Jul 27 07:30:11 CEST 2002

Hello Reinhard,

I produced a sample page for myself  with all 3 entries (rgb, cmyk, gray)
which produced exactly what I mailed. My program evidently - if in cmyk
mode - produces black as a mixed color, but many other programs do too.

What you mailed (0 0 0 1 setcmykcolor) is  clean black, as black is only
derived from the k-part. This is equivalent to "0 setgray". I´m sorry that
I did not make that clear.

But  if you mix c +m+y (each with 100%) you get black too. This was the
problem which started the question anyway: how to get away from mixed
black.

hh

    >[....]

    > Black in cmyk is like: 1 1 1 0 setcmykcolor

Black is 0 0 0 1 setcmykcolor