[pdftex] Embedding and CMYK

Michael Chapman mchapman at mchapman.com
Fri Jul 26 16:08:28 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 24 July 2002 21:16, John Culleton wrote:

> Most printers want 4 color work to be cmyk. Unfortunately products such as
> Gimp produce RGB output. Is there a way via pdftex/pdfetex to ensure that
> everything in the file is expressed in cmyk terms?

Used to use Micrografx Picture Publisher, am I right that it is only for
Windows?

GIMP does not seem to tackle CMYK nor (to my finding) does ImageMagick (the
"convert" command on some Linux boxes). (The latter seems more robust for big
images on my box at least.)

As I have had the same problem:
	The fine boundary lines on a map converting from rgb(000) to
	cmyk(1110) to the angst of the pinter who had to align the
	three colours,
I too would like to hear if anyone has a solution for incorporating simple
raster graphics using black levels, rather than just CMY, on Linux?

Michael Chapman