[pdftex] special characters in \pdfinfo

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 11 15:57:36 CEST 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 02:40:29PM +0200, Holger Daszler wrote:

> With your example with 'hypersetup' the umlaut "s is
> handled correctly. My former source was:
>
> \usepackage[pdftex,pdfauthor={Holger Da"sler}]{hyperref}
>
> This does'nt work!
> So, usage of hypersetup is a workaround, but whats the diffence between
> the two versions of configuring hyperref?

In the first case package hyperref is not yet loaded and
LaTeX's kernel expands the umlauts, in the \hypersetup
version hyperref is loaded and make some redefinitions
before expanding umlauts to get the conversion right.
See also my talk, available with the hyperref documentation.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.e>