[pdftex] The AcroTeX eDucation Bundle

D. P. Story story at uakron.edu
Sat Feb 9 15:28:13 CET 2002

Hello all,

I've just uploaded the Web/Exerquiz Packages, now bundled
together under the name "AcroTeX eDucation Bundle", read,
"AcroTeX Education Bundle".

The bundle comes with four componets
(1) The Web.sty : for good screen design
(2) The Exerquiz Package : for online exercises and quizzes
(3) The insdljs Package : for introducing document level JavaScript
into the PDF document from a LaTeX source
(4) The dljslib Package : A library of JavaScript functions, with the
package, you can "check out" a function for use in your document
(no library card needed :-)

What's New: The introduction of the insdljs Package enables the
LaTeX author to write his/her own JavaScript in the LaTeX source,
the functions end up at the document-level of the final PDF
document. This is a standalone package that needs only hyperref.

Exerquiz has been rewritten to use this package, and new
arguments of the math fill-in macro are introduced that lets the
author specify a JavaScript procedure that will process a given
question. As such, Exerquiz becomes quite programmable. See
jqzspec.pdf for example to see how Exerquiz can now process
math fill-in questions for which the answer is expected to be a
vector.

In anticipation of the usefulness of insdljs, I recently wrote the
dljslib package. This package acts as sort of a library of routines
you can insert into your document. Very cool.

I've also introduced a text fill-in question, which has many options,
see the manual and jtxttst.pdf.

I've changed some internals to make it easy to convert an in-
browser quizzes to quizzes that can be submitted to a web server.
More later.

The home page of the new "AcroTeX Bundle" is were is was before,
at http://www.math.uakron.edu/~dpstory/webeq.html

Regards,

dps