[pdftex] FreeText Annotations for pdf Document Concatenation with New Page Numbering

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Feb 10 20:49:22 CET 2002

>Howdy folks.
>
>Recently, I've been in charge of putting together a conference
>proceedings, and have run across the situation described so well in
>Bernhard Gramlich's comp.text.pdf posting included below, namely that of
>concatenating several pdf files not of my creation with the requirement
>that the concatenation has ordinary page numbering.

This ..... sounds like patching a program by editing the binary code in a
hex editor -)

If you want i can send you the nearly trivial tex file that was used to
turn thanh's thesis into a tugboat :

-  set up a page layout
-  set headers and footers (including pagenumber)
-  let pages of pdf doc flow in layout with left/right clipping and offsets

PS. In order to get this FreeText working, you probably also need to
include the font resources

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl