[pdftex] Re: Embedding fonts

Peter Schröder ps at cs.caltech.edu
Thu Aug 8 10:16:32 CEST 2002

Andreas Matthias wrote:

> Have you read the latest threads? See:
>
> http://tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2002-July/002804.html
>
> There I have explained how to embed Times. The same works
> for the other standard fonts.

Andreas, you pointed out (if I understand your original message correctly)
that it is possible to include the base fonts by renaming them and "tricking"
pdftex to include them. That is a workaround but in my mind does not qualify
as a longterm user friendly solution (I am thankful for you pointing it out
as it allows me to deal with this immediately).

My question is: why not have a configuration switch that can be triggered by
a standard means (config file, commandline switch, whatever) to simply
specify this kind of behavior?

Peter