[pdftex] Print house problems

Jeffrey McArthur jeffmcarthur at home.com
Thu Nov 15 02:14:09 CET 2001

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 13:30:28 +0200, you wrote:

>I have a LaTeX document which I have made with the following tools:
>
>  Vector images:   CorelDraw 8 -> eps -> Acrobat Distiller 4.0 -> pdf
>  Raster images:   Corel Photopaint 8 -> eps -> Acrobat Distiller 4.0 -> pdf
>  Math curves:     MatLab 6 -> eps -> Acrobat Distiller 4.0 -> pdf
>
>  pdfTex version:
>  "This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-14f-released20000525 (MiKTeX 2 UP 1)"
>
>The print house I am using seems to use Harlequin and SciTex RIP. I think
>(not sure, though) that the SciTex is for Xerox DocuColor and Harlequin for
>the b/w system. The problems I am describing here come from the Harlequin.

Sounds similar to the problems I was having.  Have you tried converting the
PDF to PostScript using Acrobat then redistilling the file.  That seems to
fix a lot of the problems we have run into.

    Jeffrey M\kern-.05em\raise.5ex\hbox{\b c}\kern-.05emArthur
    a.k.a. Jeffrey McArthur          ATLIS Publishing Services
    http://members.home.net/jeffmcarthur/