[pdftex] Embedded fonts and Acrobat 5.0

P.W.Daly, MPAe, Lindau, Germany daly at linmpi.mpg.de
Wed Nov 7 08:01:51 CET 2001

I am sure this question has been asked before, and indeed I have a feeling I
saw it come up some time ago, but I did not pay enough attention to it.

Here goes anyway: I have just installed Acrobat Reader 5.0 and discover that
the embedded fonts from pdfTeX do not print. They display all right, but the
(Postscript) printer drivers do not extract them. There is not problem with
4.0.

I have tried Acrobat 5.0 and it too has this problem. Is this a version
problem? I am using pdfTeX 0.14h from fpTeX. Do I need to update pdfTeX, say
with the files from TeXLive 6?

Regards, Patrick Daly