[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

Beuthe, Thomas beuthet at aecl.ca
Wed May 23 14:33:19 CEST 2001

Embedding all of your fonts is something you should always
consider doing anyway, as the portability of the document
would not be guaranteed otherwise.  This was an issue
with the default installation of 4.0 distiller.
By default it didn't embed the more common fonts,
and as a result, it caused problems across platforms
(Windows versus Mac)

So, in general, it's a good idea to embed ALL fonts!