[pdftex] AR 5 not working with pdftex?

Han The Thanh thanh at informatics.muni.cz
Wed May 23 21:27:40 CEST 2001

> Sorry to be obtuse about this, but which map files are you referring
> to?  I searched my TEXMF directory and found quite a few '*.map' files
> that appear to have something to do with PostScript fonts but don't
> have any '<' in them.  I also found a fontmap.map file associated
> with dvips (TEXMF/dvips/base/), but this file doesn't contain a line
> for the font I'm having problems with (cmr10).

The map files that are listed in your pdftex.cfg (usually under
$TEXMF/pdftex/config)

I appended a script which writes all file names tex opened into a file
kp.lst

Usage:

ls-tex-files pdflatex foo.tex

Then you can look into kp.lst to see which files have been opened. This
script only works for web2c-based programs.

HTH,
Thanh