[pdftex] pdcfsel and pdftex (pdftex and fonts)

Christopher S. Swingley cswingle at iarc.uaf.edu
Sun May 13 19:09:22 CEST 2001

Hi!

I've been reading Alan Hoenig's excellent TeX Unbound book, and came
across the pdcfsel macro file that allows you to change fonts in
an easy "LaTeX" sort of way, while still using plain TeX.  My first
test was to format a document using Euler math and the Concrete fonts
(ccr, ccsl, etc.).  It runs fine with TeX and I can view / print it,
but when I run it through pdftex I get:

    Warning: pdftex (file ccsl10): Font ccsl10 at 600 not found
    Warning: pdftex (file cccsc10): Font cccsc10 at 600 not found
    Warning: pdftex (file ccr10): Font ccr10 at 444 not found
    Warning: pdftex (file ccr10): Font ccr10 at 600 not found

and the PDF file is unviewable.  I'm using pdfTeX 3.14159-14f.
Here's the top of the file:

    \input pdcfsel

    % Euler math with Concrete text
    \def\mathtemplate{%
        \@\m{rm}{ccr10}\@\m{it}{ccti10}%
        \@\m{tt}{cmtt9}\@\m{sl}{ccsl10}%
        \@\M{mi}{eurm10}\@\M{sy}{cmsy10}%
    }

    \xfontset{scriptscript}\mathtemplate{6}
    \xfontset{script}\mathtemplate{7.4}
    \fontset{body}%
        \mathtemplate{10}{12pt}{script}{scriptscript}

    \bodyfonts

Any thoughts?  What does it mean when pdftex says "Font xxx at YYY
not found", and what does one need to do to make them available?

Thanks very much,

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley         930 Koyukuk Drive
System / Network Manager        University of Alaska Fairbanks

phone: 907-474-2689             fax: 907-474-2643
email: cswingle at iarc.uaf.edu    GNUPG and PGP2 keys at my web site
web: http://www.frontier.iarc.uaf.edu/~cswingle