[pdftex] strange bug!

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Mar 25 20:55:39 CEST 2001

At 09:29 25.03.2001 -0800, Paulo Ney de Souza wrote:

>1- How come, if "bb" is not supported inside pdftex, if I take the
>   comments out, BOTH pictures show up, including the one with the
>   "bb" command option.

Which version of pdftex.def do you use?
With a current one you should get a warning and bb will
act like viewport.

>2- How does one use the _MediaBox_ inside pdfTeX ? I don't see ANY
>   mention of the word Media in the "graphicx" documentation ...

_inside_ pdfTeX, you have to look at source code level of pdfTeX.
There is no direct access to the MediaBox at TeX code level.

>3- This have the potential to make files highly non-portable in
>   between latex and pdflatex. Aren't the MediaBox and the BoundingBox
>   the same thing, or at least, equivalent, for this purpose ?

Documentation about MediaBox and BoundingBox can be found
in the language reference manuals (www.adobe.com).

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de>