[pdftex] Setting the font the LaTeX 1 way (or, how do I use bibtex.sty?)

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Mar 18 23:24:09 CET 2001

Bill Brooks writes:
 > started using LaTeX after the release of LaTeX 2/e, I never had a way of
 > finding out how to set the font in a LaTeX document the "old" way.
think yourself lucky

 > Unfortunately, I want to generate a list of all the documents in my BibTeX
 > .bib file, and the style that allows me to do that, biblist.sty, is a
 > LaTeX 2.09 style, so I can't issue a \usepackage{times} command so that
 > the generated .pdf file is readable both in Acrobat and when
 > printed.

have you tried biblist with current LaTeX and it fails? I just assumed
that it works. if not, its almost certainly trivial to fix, and then
everyone would be happy.

mind you, I suspect there is something better these days anyway....

 > Does anyone know the 2.09 equivalent
 > of \usepackage{times}?
yes, intimately. you dont want me to tell you

sebastian