[pdftex] positioning of images

Karsten Tinnefeld tinne at ls2.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Mar 19 00:30:00 CET 2001

> I'm very new pdftex, indeed also to tex, and I could do with some help.
> I want to position an image (pdf) on a page in an absolute position.

I guess you're using the latex macro package with (pdf)tex.  If not,
buy a TeXbook and take a holiday.  You wish to use the picture
environment to place stuff absolutely as part of a running text.  For
absolute positioning on the background of a page, check e.g. the
bophook-package on CTAN:macros/latex/supported/bophook at
  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/supported/bophook/
(disclaimer: by me).

> If you have an answer please email me direct cos I don't know where this
> stuff gets posted to.

Please let this be. Please use one mail address, not two.

Karsten
Karsten Tinnefeld                       tinnefeld at ls2.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Fachbereich Informatik, Lehrstuhl 2                   T +49 231 755-4737
Universität Dortmund, D-44221 Dortmund, Deutschland   F +49 231 755-2047