[pdftex] Type1-font Helvetica

Aiko Huckauf Aiko.Huckauf at epost.de
Wed Mar 7 03:50:51 CET 2001

Hi,

I try to produce a document (pure text, no formulas) using Helvetica
as font for the text itself, the pagenumbers and the headings.
I tried it in two different ways:

1. I run LaTeX on my document, convert dvi into ps (using dvips) and
   ps into pdf (using Ghostscript).
2. I run pdfTeX on my document and get the pdf file directly.

Now the point is: When I open the two pdf documents with Adobe Acrobat
Reader, I get the same font information, "Helvetica", as expected.
What I don't understand: Obviously the fonts in the two pdf-files are
_not_ identical (the difference can best be seen at the capital "G").

I have the font definition files hv.pfb/pfm etc. for Helvetica, but
how do I tell pdfTeX to use _this_ font instead of some
Helvetica-substitute?

Aiko Huckauf