[pdftex] position in destination mark

Vit Zyka zyka at waltz.felk.cvut.cz
Thu Jun 14 16:17:58 CEST 2001

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 11:46 AM 6/14/01 +0200, Vit Zyka wrote:
> >Hallo,
> >
> >I had tried to make a destination mark with given position and zoom
> >factor like
> >
> >  /D [2 0 R /XYZ 72 769.89 4.0]
> >
> >complicated way to create such a complete destination?
> >the syntax
> >
> >  \pdfdest name{page2} xyz left 72bp top 769.89bp zoom 4000
> >
> For quite some time there is teh pdfannot primitive + a couple of more. I
> dare to say that one can make arbitrary complex destinationsb that way. The
> primitives are discussed in the manual, and for their usage you should
> consult the pdf ref manual.
>
> So, your wish is already fulfilled -)

Yes, but I ask for not difficult solution. I can imagine it is possible to
obtain a reference to Page object that is needed for destination mark,
then to create dest obj with shifting and zooming, and after that to add
the obj dest number of it to  the Name list. It seems not so easy (e.g.
how to get Page obj number/or go throuhg the named objects?). Or am I
something missing?

If not I think it is cleaner solution enhanced \pdfdest
primitive (especially if similar zoom parameter is supported).

Vit Zyka
| Vit Zyka, researcher, CVUT FEL|
| Center for Machine Perception |
| zyka@ http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz |