[pdftex] Re: Problem with printing

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de
Wed Jul 25 00:44:29 CEST 2001

    > I recently made a pdf with pdfLaTeX and some colleagues tried to
    > print it with Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.05 on the Mac, which
    > failed.  I believe this is due to the problem described below.
    > I suspect that I can ask them to upgrade to Acrobat Reader v5
    > and the problem will go away, but is there a workaround on my
    > end?

xpdf's pdftops produced a PS file from your pdf file that looks ok in
gv, so I suppose that it is printable.

    > I thought I'd convert my embedded PDF graphics to EPS and use
    > regular LaTeX, but for some reason that's not working.  I run
    > pdf2ps followed by ps2epsi and I get "Error: /rangecheck in
    > --.getbitsrect--"

The output of pdf2ps IS in fact EPS and can be used directly by LaTeX.
Don't run ps2epsi on it.  I get the same error message if I send it to
ps2epsi.  Probably a bug in ps2epsi?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			               Phone: +49-511-751355
Berggartenstr. 9
D-30419 Hannover	              mailto:reinhard at kammer.uni-hannover.de