[pdftex] pdftex-error

Pramod Achuthan mailpmod at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 10:32:15 CET 2001

Hello everybody,

I have some problem in building the pdftex on SGI. I
downloaded the source from

 ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/cstug/thanh/pdftex

In the Makefile, there is a datestr.zip file. Do we
need this file for building pdftex on SGI machines?

When I run the make, its unable to make bibtex.web.
This is the segment of error I got when I run the make

        ./../klibtool link cc -o tangle   tangle.o
lib/lib.a ../kpathsea/libkpathsea.la  -lm
cc -o tangle tangle.o lib/lib.a
../kpathsea/STATIC/libkpathsea.a -lm
ld32: WARNING 84 : /usr/lib32/mips3/libm.so is not
used for resolving any symbol.
        make  CC='cc' CFLAGS='-O -g '  tangleboot.p
UX:make: INFO: `tangleboot.p' is up to date.
UX:make: ERROR: don't know how to make bibtex.web
(bu42).

Please give some suggestion to correct this.

Sincerely,

Pramod.