[pdftex] floatingfigure and pdflatex

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 12 13:28:42 CET 2001

> Heiko Oberdiek wrote:
>
> > At 12:08 09.02.2001 +0200, Arto Viitanen wrote:
> >
> >> How does one use the floatingfigure environment (page
> >> 150 on The LaTeX Companion) in pdflatex? When I tried
> >> pdfximage with it

note that the latex companion is an _old_ book, and documents the
state of things as it was in 1993, before latex 2e was actually
released (aiui, the authors used a pre-release of latex 2e to develop
the book).

> That is nice to know, but it does not solve my problem:
> the included (either using includegraphics on graphicx
> package or direclty using pdftex's primitives) vanishes
> when using floatingfigure.

in particular, floatfig (which is what the companion talks about) has
long since been superseded by the package floatflt.  are you in fact
using floatfig? -- if so, it may be worth updating.

i've (just) moved floatfig to the obsolete/ tree on ctan.  ctan file
info/companion.ctan has long pointed you at floatflt as a replacement
for floatfig