[pdftex] pdfscreen

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Dec 13 15:05:46 CET 2001

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001 at 09:06, Stueker, Dirk wrote:

   I am used to work with powerpoint. Here it is possible to
   place some elements at the foilmaster, which appear on every
   slide. I understand, that this is no problem with pdfscreen as
   long as the elements in the background are graphics (->
   overlay function).

   But what about text elements? For instance I would like to
   place a rotated \today at the right side of each slide. Each
   time I use pdflatex, this field has to be updated
   automatically, so there is no way to use a fixed graphic with
   overlay.

Here is the code which you may append to pdfscreen.cfg:

\AddToOverlay{%
    \setlength{\@tempdima}{4mm}%
    \setlength{\@tempdimb}{\paperwidth-2\@tempdima}%
    \setlength{\@tempdimc}{\paperheight-2\@tempdima}%
    \setlength{\unitlength}{1pt}\thinlines%
     \put(\strip at pt\@tempdima,\strip at pt\@tempdima){%
      \makebox(\strip at pt\@tempdimb,\strip at pt\@tempdimc)[cr]%
      {\relax\rotatebox{90}{\color{section1}\Large \today}}}%
}

A specimen is available at:

  http://www.tug.org.in/download/test.pdf

You can change the color and other attributes in the last line of
the above code.

--
Radhakrishnan