[pdftex] Autoscaling included images

Jona Aron Andersen janders at deas.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 11 10:46:50 CET 2001

Hi,

When including an image in PDFTeX it occasionally happens that the image
I'm trying to include is larger than the page, and thus overruns the
margins.

What I would like (PDF)TeX to do in case the image is too large, is scale
the image so that it will fit on the page.

I've searched for ways to do this, but alas, no such luck.

(I have searched the archives, but the closest -- not all that close -- I
found was this: http://www.tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2001-October/009077.html)

I am only familiar with (La)TeX to a moderate extent, so I would
appreciate any pointers you could give me. A solution would be nice
too, but I'm not asking for a hand-out :)

Thanks,

--
Jona A. Andersen

Department of Engineering