[pdftex] Characters missing when printing from Acrobat

rhowlett at mail.usyd.edu.au rhowlett at mail.usyd.edu.au
Thu Dec 6 16:38:39 CET 2001

It seems to me that with the versions of Acrobat and pdftex
that you are using you probably have a more serious printing
problem than you realize. I guess that you are using postscript
fonts for most of your text, with occasional use of cm fonts
in formulas etc. I think that if you switched to using cm fonts
for everything you would find that most of your document
would print incorrectly. You may also find that some substitution
of fonts has taken place at places where at first sight it
seems to have printed OK.

Upgrading to pdftex 1.00a-pretest (or downgrading to Acrobat 4)
should fix things.

Bob Howlett