[pdftex] Characters missing when printing from Acrobat

Carsten Friedrich carsten at cs.usyd.edu.au
Thu Dec 6 10:52:26 CET 2001

Hi,

thank you all for your great help. It seems I have been a little bit un-precise
when writing my first mail. So here are some more detailed informations:

Acrobat version: 5.0 (full version, online-update says it is up to date)
Printer: HP laserjet 4000 N
Source: latex ,  pdf generated with pdfTeX, Version
3.14159-14f-released-20000525 (Web2C 7.3.3)
Fonts: Time(bold,roman,italic),CMMI12, CMSY10,
CMR12,CMEX10,CMMI8,CMSY8,CMMI6,CMR8 all type 1

Acrobat displays all characters correctly, the problem occurs only when
printing.

The problem also occurs if I print to file and look at it with ghostview
(windows version 3.6). This also
happens with other printer drivers. As the output is about 200k I don't
want to just
send it to everybody, but if you are interested I'm happy to send it to
you. When reading
the pdf file with ghostview and printing it prints fine. Also the latex
source is available on
request.

Things that do not work: "-" and some greek characters.

I also tried all kinds of printer switches like (optimize for
compatibility, postscript version, turn
off adjustments, etc.) with no effect.

If you don't know a real solution but a work-around how I can print from my
acrobat version I'd
be happy with that :-).

Thanks
Carsten