[pdftex] Characters missing when printing from Acrobat

na199 at worldonline.de na199 at worldonline.de
Wed Dec 5 18:47:49 CET 2001

Hello,
in my guess the opinion below might just mention  the possible cause: In
Windows you should not use the first 16 places (decimal 00 to 15); these
places are normally commands for Windows like
00 could be a terminator for tabs
07 is the bell/beep/buzzer
12 is the form feed for a printer
13 is the carriage return
etcetera
So PS-fonts for Windows (at least at older times) used to leave these
places free.
In Unix there seem to be no such restriction.
As a result you might get the wrong character (here: none) if you work
once with Unix, then put the ps-file on a windows-machine.

It might also be of some difference how the PS-font is constructed: are the
characters called by explicite names or are they just numbers?

Would that explain the strange behaviour?

I would not regard it as a bug in Acrobat.

The mistake might not happen if you don´t use PS-fonts but just what
metafont delivers.
hh