[pdftex] Characters missing when printing from Acrobat

Michael Chapman mchapman at mchapman.com
Wed Dec 5 05:15:02 CET 2001

On Tuesday 04 December 2001 23:25, Carsten Friedrich wrote:

>  ...................   My document displays
> fine when displayed using acrobat, but when printing, some characters are
> missing.

> Any idea what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Very much a "new boy" myself, but in LaTex I use the following in my
preambles (not so much to help printing, but to force Type 1 fonts for a
legible screen display).

\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{ptm}
\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{phv}
\renewcommand{\ttdefault}{pcr}

The instructions (respectively) make the default Roman, Sans Serif and
Typewriter fonts the ones that are already part of Acrobat Reader (Times,
Helvetica and Courier). (Always presuming you are printing from Acrobat and
not printing the file using some other utilty?)

If you are using Tex rather than LaTex I presume ... a similar change in
defaults can be made ...

Regards, Michael Chapman.