[pdftex] Hyphenating Cyrillic text.

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Dec 4 12:40:50 CET 2001

At 11:18 AM 12/4/2001 +0100, Thierry Bouche wrote:
>» >     I usually add '0' to every number in texmf.cnf :) We've got
>» > virtual memory, right? :)
>»
>» if you've got the physical memory to support it, fine.  force your
>» system to swap, and you'll be whinging about the feeble behaviour of
>» tex.
>
>How hard would it be to have dynamical memory allocation in TeX?

How much needed is it? The memory consumption of tex is rather stable and
low compared to other progs i run. The relatively simple interface to the
fierry rip (status info and so) we use here is a 10 Meg binary and i really
wonder what is in there.

However, shared resources (like kpse data) would be great since that saves
launch up time.

>This is the only program I use that is so ridiculously passé...

you're kidding, we're currently running some projects were tex is the only
option -)

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl