[pdftex] pdfPicture for pdftex

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Dec 3 16:11:17 CET 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, George N. White III wrote:

> Dvips -E gives the bounding box of the TeX text, but omits line art drawn
> using PostScript \specials. Ghostscript has a bbox device that can be used
> from the command-line to print an accurate BoundingBox. It should not be
> too hard to add another invocation of GS with "-sDEVICE=bbox" to the
> eps2pdf Perl script to deal with cases where the PS file does not have
> useful bbox information.

I am planning this, but I have no time for it next time.
On Unix systems this is easy, but ...
The problem is that ghostscript writes its result on STDERR,
-sOutputFile does not work. Redirecting STDERR is not too
trivial, especially, if this should be done in a compatible way.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>