[pdftex] Re: a4wide and hyperref [ was: LyX to pdf conversion ]

joerg.hau at dplanet.ch joerg.hau at dplanet.ch
Tue Aug 21 12:59:51 CEST 2001

Dear All,

>It is not the problem to put the a4paper token in the documentclass (and rip out other papersize tokens if required -- IS IT?). The problem is to make sure that we produce useable LaTeX code by doing that.
>
>So, before we do this someone should make sure that:
>1. it actually works and fixes the problem
>2. the a4wide format will still stay active in hyperref
>3. a4paper in documentclass is not a contradiction to a4wide
>
>If anyone feels in the mood of taking care of this issue I would be happy to do the scripting part in tex2pdf.

Well, if somebody wants to measure the precise dimensions: At http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/joerg.hau/sci/msgraph/msgman20.pdf I have a (300+ kB) document created using LyX (a4wide package), then exported as LaTeX document, and the ONLY thing I have changed in this doc before passing it through tex2pdf was that I included the 'a4paper' option by hand.

As far as I can tell:

ad (1) - this REALLY fixes the problem,
ad (2, 3) the dvi output exactly matches the pdf output, so this is OK.

... comments?

Have fun,

-- Joerg