[pdftex] lucida font in context/pdftex

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Aug 14 08:34:08 CEST 2001

At 12:57 PM 8/9/2001 -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:
>I'm trying context, and running into a font problem.  I have the
>Lucida fonts installed; they're found OK when I run latex/pdflatex but
>when I use the "pre-original" module with context, they're not.
>Part of the output follows.  Looks like a fontmap problem but I'm not
>sure where to poke.  Any help appreciated.
>
>$ texexec --pdf try

[this kind of questions can best be put to the context mailing list]

The context you have is probably configured for using the out of the box
file names. In that i assume that texnansi encoding is used.

you need to add a section to the map file, like:

lbr <texnansi.enc <lbr.pfb

The latest release of context has an additional font layer, using so called
typescripts. This means that you can create typeface collections, do more
extreme mixing of [math fonts], mix typefaces with proper relative scaling,
etc. More on that in the new manual "mfonts.pdf" as well as the font demo
suite.

The beta comes with a script called texfont.pl which can generate metrics,
install 'commercial' fonts, create map file and alike [properly namespaced]
and is set up correctly context will handle the map file loading.

Since context uses symbol font names and name mapping, you can either use
the new naming scheme, or the old one, or use the new one and remap
interanlly to old ones, etc.

More news on that is reported on the context list.

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl