[pdftex] Acrobat 5.0 / consequences for pdftex

Donald Story story at uakron.edu
Mon Apr 9 10:25:50 CEST 2001

On 9 Apr 2001, at 14:13, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> Donald Story writes:
>  >
>  > I don't think 'joke' is an appropriate description of a feature users of >
>  Acrobat, the commercial product, have requested. >
>
> as opposed to the features/questions that  people like Hans have asked
> for/posed  over the years, and which have been consistently ignored. I
> know you have connections with Adobe, Donald, but you will surely
> agree that their feedback to/from customers is frankly awful. So who
> these users are who have had their silly[1] feature put in, I don't
> know.
>
> Sebastian

Sadly, Adobe tends to respond more to large developers. I've put in a few
requests myself, when I was on the outside, which were ignored as well.
I don't have any particular name responsible for this 'cosmetic' feature.
Whether it is a feature sufficiently worthwhile to be incorporated into
hyperref, I leave it for others to decide.

Donald