[pdftex] tex2pdf says good-bye

Steffen Evers forevers at gmx.de
Sun Apr 8 16:47:37 CEST 2001

I have written in my first announcement of tex2pdf that I will only post as long
as nobody minds. Therefore upon an harsh request I will not announce any further
releases of tex2pdf on the Pdftex List. However, I am still loving pdftex! ;-)

Prof Brian D Ripley wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Steffen Evers wrote:
>
> > tex2pdf 2.1 has been released. It is a bugfix release. The major changes are:
>
> [...]
>
> And whatever is tex2pdf?  I am a subscriber to the pdftex list, and am
As you seem to have problems to follow the link to the tex2pdf homepage:
tex2pdf is a bash shell script that generates a PDF file from a LaTeX or LyX
document using tools like pdflatex, sed and epstopdf.

> not interested in a bugfix list for a system I have never heard of.
Okay, next time I want to post something on the list I will consider asking you
if you already know about the contents (as you are not interested in things you
have not heard about) and if you allow posting it (as other subscribers seem not
to be of any interest).

> When pdftex updates are announced, they do not include a bugfix list.
What is INCLUDED in an announcement should not bother someone who is not
interested in the whole thing at all as you can decide by the subject not to
waste a second on it. Additionally, when you look around most release
announcements include some changes otherwise the subject would be enough, right?

> In short, you seem to be spamming an inappropriate list.
>
> --
> 1 South Parks Road,                     +44 1865 272860 (secr)

I don't know why you have appended this signature as it is not important in this
context, is it? However, it is normally the job of the list adminstrator to
decide what should be posted and what should not. Do you have that job, too?

By the way you have spammed our mailing list with your posting as well (in YOUR
terms) and a personal mail to me would have been more appropriate.

Regards,

   Steffen Evers (Dipl.-Inform. :-)