[pdftex] clipping included pdf

Robin Barker rmb1 at cise.npl.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 13:36:16 CET 2000

I have something like the following latex document

	\documentclass[a4paper,twoside]{report}
	\usepackage{graphicx}
	\begin{document}
	text text and more text; for at least half a page

	\begin{figure}
	\includegraphics[trim 0 0 0 50mm, clip]{foo}
	\end{figure}

	more and more text
	\end{document}

I have a file foo.eps, and file foo.pdf created by epstopdf.

With latex (and xdvi), the figure is cropped and the text is visible.

With pdflatex (and acroread), the figure is not cropped and overwrites
the text.

Is this a known bug?
Is there anything I can do to solve this, other than editting foo.eps?

% pdflatex --version
pdfTeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159-0.14d
kpathsea version 3.3.1

Robin

Robin Barker                        | Email: Robin.Barker at npl.co.uk
CMSC, Building 10,                  | Phone: +44 (0) 20 8943 7090
National Physical Laboratory,       | Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8977 7091
Teddington, Middlesex, UK. TW11 OLW | WWW:   http://www.npl.co.uk