[pdftex] Re: screen versions

Thierry Bouche Thierry.Bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
Mon Dec 4 13:58:08 CET 2000

» I guess that you got all the white around it because gs - which is
» called by imagemagick - renders what it thinks is the entire page. The
» following script by Sebastan Rahtz creates a page boundingbox matching
» the figure boundingbox:

yes, I know it. In fact, I thought the solution could be: take the
JPEG, convert to EPS with imagemagick, apply epstopdf with -nogs
option, feed the result to distiller with the right downsampling
options.

this essentially works, but not always (some images end up much larger
as viewed by pdftex). I don't know why...

   Thierry Bouche.       -----       thierry.bouche at ujf-grenoble.fr
          http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~bouche/pdfTeX