deflate()

Royster, David droyster at email.uncc.edu
Fri Dec 11 15:00:16 CET 1998

I am new to the list and this may have been discussed previously.

OS: Windows 95 on a P6-300.
I am running MikTeX 1.11 Beta 3 with pdftex 0.12r.  In processing a file
that processed fine with pdftex 0.12h, I continue to receive the following
message:

Error: pdftex:
deflate( ) failed
C:\texmf\miktex\bin\pdftex.exe: No error

and the processing stops; abruptly; no output.  I have commented out lines
and can get the file to process, but the procedure is NOT deterministic.
The next time I run pdflatex, I can uncomment some of these lines and the
file will process. The following time I must comment out different lines.

Is this a pdftex problem, or an implementation problem? I do not have
another system yet set up on which I could try to process the file.

The .aux file is added below and there is not much there.  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated!!

dcroyster

\relax
\ifx\hyper at anchor\@undefined
\global \let \oldcontentsline\contentsline
\gdef \contentsline#1#2#3#4{\oldcontentsline{#1}{#2}{#3}}
\global \let \oldnewlabel\newlabel
\gdef \newlabel#1#2{\newlabelxx{#1}#2}
\gdef \newlabelxx#1#2#3#4#5#6{\oldnewlabel{#1}{{#2}{#3}}}
\AtEndDocument{\let \contentsline\oldcontentsline
\let \newlabel\oldnewlabel}
\else
\global \let \hyper at last\relax
\fi

\@input{dgchpt01sec01.aux}
\@input{dgchpt01sec02.aux}
\@input{dgchpt01sec02a.aux}
\@input{dgchpt01sec03.aux}
\@input{dgchpt01sec04.aux}
\@input{dgchpt01sec05.aux}
\@input{dgchpt02pdf.aux}
\@input{dgchpt03sec01.aux}
\@input{dgchpt03sec01a.aux}
\@input{dgchpt03sec02.aux}

\relax
\@writefile{toc}{\contentsline {section}{\numberline {3.2}The Tangent
Plane}{25}{section.3.2}}

David C. Royster			droyster at math.uncc.edu
Department of Mathematics		http://www.math.uncc.edu/~droyster
UNC Charlotte				(704) 547-2649
Charlotte, NC  28223			FAX: (704) 510-6415